When you try to install McAfee products on Windows, sometimes the installation fails and it shows you an error 0 i.e “Unable to continue installation”. In that case, close the dialog box by clicking on the Done button. Then, follow the below-given troubleshooting methods to resolve the error:
- Run the McAfee Pre-install Tool
The tool will clean all the temporary files, re-registers the DLL files and prepares your PC for installation.
- Download the McAfee Pre-install tool from the McAfee support page.
- If you see a warning message, click on the Go button.
- Once it is downloaded, double-click the link to install the tool on your Windows computer.
- It will show you the Installation window. Read all the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement by clicking on its link.
- If you agree with the terms, click on the start button. By doing so, it will start scanning your system and remove all the corrupted files.
- Once it is completed, it will show you a window of “Scan Complete”
Now, try to install your McAfee product. If the issue continues, try the next method.