Sometimes, you might face the download and installation issues or the following errors while installing the McAfee software on your device.
- Unable to continue installation: Error 0
- Incompatible security software installed
- Installation incomplete
- Install fails with error 12001, 12156, or 12152
- The protection you are trying to install doesn’t work on this device. Try again from the right device.
- There are no programs that you can install from this McAfee account.
- Invalid serial number.
- You are sent to a non-McAfee website, or you see a blank page.
- Download fails with error- “Download cannot continue-no internet connection”.
- The download takes too long to complete.
In case, if you face any error while downloading and installation of McAfee product. Follow the below-given steps.
- Firstly, you need to refresh the downloading page in order to fix this error. Then, wait for some time in order to fix this error.
- Restart your PC and then your modem. This will take some time while restarting.
- You must check the minimum system requirements while installing McAfee software on your device.
While deleting your browsing history and cache files the steps may vary according to your web browser.
- Open your browser.
- Click on Customize and Control icon represented by three vertically placed dots.
- Then, click on the “History” option.
- Next, click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- Thereafter, you will see various boxes on the screen and you need to select the appropriate boxes. Also, select the time by clicking on the drop-down arrow key.
- Next, make sure that you have selected everything including cookies, cached images, and unwanted files.
- Select the “Clear Data” option.
- Firstly, go to the McAfee support page.
- Next, click on “Download GetSup”.
- Read the terms and conditions of the license agreement. Click on the “Agree” tab.
- Then, click on the “Download Now” tab.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup file.
- If prompted by the User Account Control for permission, click on the “Yes”.
- After this, click on the “Scan Now” option.
- Then, in the license agreement window, click on the “I Accept the agreement”. Click on the “Ok” tab.
- After this, GetSup tool will scan your PC.
- To begin, go to the McAfee Consumer Support homepage. Then, scroll down to the McAfee Virtual Technician section.
Note: The McAfee Virtual Technician is only available on Windows PC.
- Click on the “Download and Install” button.
- Double-click on the mvt.file.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialogue for permission, click on the “Yes” tab.
- After this, McAfee Virtual Technician then scans your PC with your McAfee product.
- If you find any issue, choose “Auto Fix” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to let McAfee Virtual Technician fix this problem.